Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||W H Auden; Colgate W Darden; T S Eliot; F Scott Fitzgerald; James Joyce; John Cook Wyllie; W B Yeats; W H Auden; Colgate W Darden; T S Eliot; F Scott Fitzgerald; James Joyce; John Cook Wyllie; W B Yeats|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
W H Auden; Robert K Black; R P Blackmur; Fredson Bowers; Cleanth Brooks; Edwin Berry Burgum; Charlton Hinman; Arthur Mizener; Theodore Spencer; Donald A Stauffer; Willard Thorp; Lionel Trilling; René Wellek; Basil Willey; Tracy W. McGregor Library.
|Other Titles:||McGregor Library reading list in American history.
McGregor news notes.
The scrapbook also contains copies of McGregor Room Seminar talks and Bibliographical Society of Virginia papers including "The poetry of William Butler Yeats" by Donald A. Stauffer; "The work of James Joyce" by Edwin Berry Burgum; "The poetry of T.S. Eliot" by Willard Thorp; "Description of the six impressions of Washington Irving's Woolfert's Roost" by Fredson Bowers; "The poetry of W.H. Auden" by Theodore Spencer; "Poetry in the age of anxiety" by Cleanth Brooks; "Why 79 first folios?" by Charlton Hinman; "Poetry and freedom" by W.H. Auden; "Literature and ideas" by René Wellek; "The work of F. Scott Fitzgerald" by Arthur Mizener; "The value of literary study to society and the individual" by Basil Willey; "A description of the Tracy W. McGregor Libray"; "The Sadleir Black Gothic collection" by Robert K. Black; "Art and neurosis" by Lionel Trilling; "The lion and the honeycomb" by R.P. Blackmur; and five editions of "McGregor Library reading list in American history" (together with a discussion of the success of the program/contest and its cash award sponsored by Colgate Darden, Jr.).
- Auden, W. H. -- (Wystan Hugh), -- 1907-1973.
- Darden, Colgate W. -- (Colgate Whitehead), -- 1897-1981.
- Eliot, T. S. -- (Thomas Stearns), -- 1888-1965.
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott -- (Francis Scott), -- 1896-1940.
- Joyce, James, -- 1882-1941.
- Wyllie, John Cook, -- 1908-1968.
- Yeats, W. B. -- (William Butler), -- 1865-1939.
- Tracy W. McGregor Library -- Periodicals.
- University of Virginia. -- Bibliographical Society.
- Contests -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Rare book libraries -- Virginia.
- Tracy W. McGregor Library.
- Rare book libraries.
- Virginia -- Charlottesville.