Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780870716911 0870716913 9780870716928 0870716921|
|Description:||455 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||The Columbia exchange : a Canadian perspective on the negotiation of the Columbia River Treaty, 1944-1964 / Jeremy Mouat --
The Columbia River Treaty : managing for uncertainty / James D. Barton and Kelvin Ketchum --
The Columbia River : operation under the 1964 Treaty / Anthony G. White --
Changes in empowerment : rising voices in Columbia Basin resource management / Barbara Cosens --
First Nations / Gary Merkel --
The river people and the importance of salmon / Mary L. Pearson --
Managing transboundary natural resources : an assessment of the need to revise and update the Columbia River Treaty / Matthew McKinney --
The past and future of the Columbia River / Paul W. Hirt and Adam M. Sowards --
The effects of dams and flow management on Columbia River ecosystem processes / Chris Peery --
When courts run regulated rivers : the effects of scientific uncertainty / Carmen Thomas Morse --
The effects of climate change on snow and water resources in the Columbia, Willamette, and McKenzie River basins, U.S.A. : a nested watershed study / Anne Nolin, Eric Sproles, and Aimee Brown --
Rethinking the Columbia River Treaty / John Shurts --
The Columbia River Treaty after 2024 / Chris W. Sanderson --
Can an international treaty strengthen a region, and further social and environmental inclusion? : Lessons from the Columbia River Treaty / Eve Vogel --
Institutional adaptation and change in collaborative watershed management : an examination of the Northwest Power and Conservation Council's fish and wildlife program / Tanya Heikkila and Andrea K. Gerlak --
Uncertainty, society, and resilience : a case study in the Columbia River Basin / Gregory Hill [and others] --
The Columbia River Treaty in 2014 and beyond : international experiences and lessons learned / Stephen McCaffrey [and others] --
Public participation and water management in the European Union : experiences and lessons learned / Lucia De Stefano and Guido Schmidt --
The impact of institutional design on the adaptability of governing institutions : implications for transboundary river governance / Craig W. Thomas.
|Other Titles:||Columbia River Treaty revisited, transboundary river governance in the face of uncertainty|
|Responsibility:||edited by Barbara Cosens.|
- Canada. -- Treaties, etc. -- 1961 January 17.
- Water resources development -- Law and legislation -- Columbia River Watershed.
- Water resources development -- Social aspects -- Columbia River Watershed.
- Water resources development -- Environmental aspects -- Columbia River Watershed.
- Water resources development -- Columbia River Watershed -- Citizen participation.
- Watershed management -- Law and legislation -- Columbia River Watershed.
- Watershed management -- Social aspects -- Columbia River Watershed.
- Watershed management -- Environmental aspects -- Columbia River Watershed.
- Watershed management -- Columbia River Watershed -- Citizen participation.
- River engineering -- Environmental aspects -- Columbia River Watershed.