Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jennifer L Griffiths
|ISBN:||9780813928838 0813928834 9780813928845 0813928842 9780813928951 0813928958|
|Description:||x, 134 pages ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||"The quick gasp of sympathy": trauma and interracial witnessing in Sherley Anne Williams's Dessa Rose --
Betrayal trauma and the test of complicity in Suzan-Lori Parks's Venus --
Between women: trauma, witnessing, and the legacy of interracial rape in Robbie Mccauley's Sally's rape --
Uncanny spaces: trauma, cultural memory, and female body in Gayl Jones's Corregidora --
"I have never seen a movie like that": traumatic memory and the "acceleration of history" in Anna Deavere Smith's Twilight: Los Angeles, 1992.
|Responsibility:||Jennifer L. Griffiths.|
"Traumatic Possessions is an original and timely work. Mediating beautifully between theory and literary analysis, it examines for the first time the resonances that studies of trauma originating
- American literature -- African American authors -- History and criticism.
- American literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
- Psychic trauma in literature.
- Human body in literature.
- Memory in literature.
- African American women in literature.
- American literature -- African American authors.
- American literature -- Women authors.