Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Barthélemy Carré; Barthélemy Carré; Barthélemy Carré|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Barthélemy Carré; Charles Fawcett, Sir; Richard Burn, Sir
|Description:||3 volumes (lvi, 984 pages) : illustrations, maps (some folded) ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||v. 1. From France through Syria, Iraq and the Persian Gulf to Surat, Goa, and Bijapur, with an account of his grave illness --
v. 2. From Bijapur to Madras and St. Thomé. Account of the capture of Trincomalee Bay and St. Thomé by de la Haye, and of the siege of St. Thomé by the Golconda army and hostilities with the Dutch --
v. 3. Return journey to France with an account of the Sicilian revolt against Spanish rule of the Messina.
|Series Title:||Works issued by the Hakluyt Society, 2nd ser., no. 95-97.|
|Responsibility:||translated from the manuscript journal of his travels in the India Office by Lady Fawcett ; and edited by Sir Charles Fawcett with the assistance of Sir Richard Burn.|
- Carré, Barthélemy, -- approximately 1640-approximately 1700 -- Travel -- India.
- Carré, Barthélemy, -- approximately 1640-approximately 1700 -- Travel -- Asia.
- India -- Description and travel.
- India -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Asia -- Description and travel.
- Carré, Barthélemy, -- approximately 1640-approximately 1700