Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Bossu, M., 1720-1792.
Travels through that part of North America formerly called Louisiana.
London : Printed for T. Davies ..., 1771
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Bossu, M.; Johann Reinhold Forster; Per Löfling; Jay I. Kislak Collection (Library of Congress); Pre-1801 Imprint Collection (Library of Congress)
|Language Note:||Translated from the French.|
|Notes:||Published originally under title: Nouveaux voyages aux Indes Occidentales, Paris, 1768, and comprising the author's observations during his first two visits to the country, 1751-1757 and 1757-1762.
The systematic catalogue of plants (v. 2, p. -67) also published separately as Flora Americae Septentrionalis.
"An abstract of the most useful and necessary articles mentioned by Peter Loefling, botanist to His Catholic Majesty, in his travels through Spain, and that part of South America called Cumana, consisting in his life, and in systematical descriptions of the plants of both countries, referred to the pages of the original Swedish edition.": v. 2, p. -422.
|Description:||2 v. ; 20 cm. (8vo)|
|Other Titles:||Flora Americae Septentrionalis.
Nouveaux voyages aux Indes Occidentales.
Travels through Louisiana
|Responsibility:||by Mr. Bossu, captain in the French Marines. ; translated from the French, by John Reinhold Forster, F.A.S. ; illustrated with notes relative chiefly to natural history ; to which is added by the translator a systematic catalogue of all the known plants of English North-America, or, a Flora Americae Septentrionalis ; together with an abstract of the most useful and necessary articles contained in Peter Loefling's Travels through Spain and Cumana in South America, referred to the pages of the original Swedish edition ; vol. I[-II].|
- Louisiana -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Indians of North America -- Mississippi River Valley -- Early works to 1800.
- Indians of North America -- Southern States -- Early works to 1800.
- Haiti -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Mississippi River Valley -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Plants -- Spain -- Classification.
- Plants -- America -- Classification.
- Plants -- South America -- Classification.
- Plantes -- Espagne.
- Plantes -- Amérique du Sud.
- Plantes -- Amérique du Nord.
- Louisiane -- Descriptions et voyages -- Ouvrages avant 1800.
- Mississippi, Vallée du -- Histoire -- Ouvrages avant 1800.
- Indians of North America.
- Mississippi River Valley.
- South America.
- Southern States.