Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Warder, Joseph, fl. 1688-1718.
True Amazons, or, The monarchy of bees.
London : Printed for John Pemberton ... , and William Taylor ... , 1716
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"Wherein is experimentally demonstrated, I. That they are all govern'd by a Queen. II. The amazing beauty and dignity of her person. III. Her extraordinary authority and power. IV. Their exceeding loyalty and unparallel'd love to their queen. V. Their sex, male and female. VI. The manner of their breeding. VII. Their wars. VIII. Their enemies, with directions plain and easy how to manage them, both in straw-hives and transparent boxes; so that with laying out but four or five pounds, in three or four years, if the summers are kind, you may get thirty or forty pounds per annum."
Errata on recto of leaf A8.
Signatures: A-H⁸ I⁴.
|Description:||xiii, , 120 p. : ill., port. ; 19 cm. (8vo)|
|Other Titles:||True Amazons
Monarchy of bees
|Responsibility:||by Joseph Warder.|
- Bee culture -- Early works to 1800.
- Bee culture -- Queen rearing -- Early works to 1800.
- Bees -- Early works to 1800.
- CHR 1716
- PRO Enders, John Ostrom, Mrs. (bookplate) (donor)
- PRO Enders, John Ostrom (bookplate, Hartford, Connecticut)
- PRO Lowndes, Robert (bookplate, 1702)
- Bee culture.
- Bee culture -- Queen rearing.