Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Erika Lindemann; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Documenting the American South (Project); University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.
|Notes:||Title from project home page (viewed August 19, 2005)
This electronic edition is part of the UNC-CH digitization project's database, Documenting the American South. It is a part of the collection True and candid compositions: the lives and writings of Antebellum students in North Carolina.
|Details:||Mode of access: Internet World Wide Web.|
|Contents:||Introduction: Overview; Value of documentary histories; Issues this collection raises; Little narratives of literacy; Further research --
Chapter 1 1795-1818: The establishment of the university; The early faculty; The early curriculum, Early student rebellions --
Chapter 2 1820-1829: Overview 1820-29; Purposes of a university education --
Chapter 3 1830-1839: Overview 1830-39; The school day and the school year; Slaves and servants --
Chapter 4 1840-1849: Overview 1840-49; Writing in the academy --
Chapter 5 1850-1859: Overview 1850-59; The debating societies --
Chapter 6 1860-1869: Civil war; Aftermath of the Civil War --
Editorial practices --
All primary resources --
Related published sources --
Browse by personal names, topics, events, organizations, places, genres, authors --
|Other Titles:||Documenting the American South.
Documenting the American South :
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962) -- Students.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962) -- History.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962) -- Faculty.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962) -- Alumni and alumnae.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962) -- Anecdotes.
- Education -- History -- North Carolina -- Education -- History.
- College students -- North Carolina -- Chapel Hill.
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Chapel Hill.
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962)
- College students.
- Education -- Education.
- Universities and colleges.
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae.
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty.
- North Carolina.
- North Carolina -- Chapel Hill.