Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Nora Raleigh Baskin
|Awards:||A Junior Library Guild selection|
|Target Audience:||Ages 10-14.|
|Description:||138 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||The funeral --
No, she can't be related to me --
How Jewish is too Jewish? --
I would have been nicer --
Half and half --
It's my birthright to play hooky --
Oh yeah, she must be Jewish --
Everyone needs something to hold on to --
The Zelkowits Affair --
Girls like who? --
What's a knish? --
Putting on her face --
Who will be like me? --
Now, if I were having a Bat Mitzvah --
Nana told me this story once --
Bloomie's in winter --
Plenty to worry about --
What I need --
You don't look Jewish --
Yamulkes, peyes, and the Asian rain forest --
Hey, it's a compliment --
Just when I thought I couldn't take one more thing --
I will be like me --
Things are looking up already --
My Star of David --
It can't be broken --
I should have known then --
Feels like snow --
You couldn't pay me enough --
I'll always be with you --
The truth comes out --
I am a Bat Mitzvah --
All things that go around --
Like links on a chain --
|Responsibility:||Nora Raleigh Baskin.|
- Jews -- United States -- Juvenile fiction.
- Identity (Philosophical concept) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Prejudices -- Juvenile fiction.
- Grandmothers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Preteen girls -- Juvenile fiction.
- Jews -- United States -- Fiction.
- Identity -- Fiction.
- Prejudices -- Fiction.
- Grandmothers -- Fiction.
- Jewish Americans -- Fiction.
- Interfaith families -- Fiction.
- Judaism -- Fiction.
- Preteen girls -- Fiction.
- Coming of age -- Fiction.
- Realistic fiction.
- Grief in girls -- Fiction.
- Identity (Philosophical concept)
- Preteen girls.
- United States.