Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Catchword errors (Printing)
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||John Peter Zenger; John Peter Zenger|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Peter Zenger; Oscar Wegelin; John Wilford; New York (State). Supreme Court.; Morrell,
|Notes:||Printed in double columns.
At a Supreme Court of Judicature for the province of New-York, 1735.
Title page vignette, mortised initial, ornamental band, tailpiece.
Two states noted: State "A" contains a catch-word error on p. 31. Not has been set as "ont." State "B" has corrected this to read "no."
Signatures: [A]1 B-I².
N-YHS possesses one copy of each state, as noted. Copy 1 (state "A"), bound in half green levant over marbled boards; signed "Morrell Binder" on front free endpaper. Copy 1 bears ms. inscription signed OW (Oscar Wegelin). T.p. of copy 2 backed.
|Description:||, 32 p. ; 24 cm. (4to)|
|Other Titles:||Brief narrative of the case and tryal of John Peter Zenger|
- Zenger, John Peter, -- 1697-1746.
- Trials (Libel) -- New York (State) -- New York -- Early works to 1800.
- Freedom of the press -- Early works to 1800.
- New York (State) -- Politics and government -- To 1775.
- Bookbinding -- England -- Specimens.
- Freedom of the press.
- Political science.
- Trials (Libel)
- New York (State)
- New York (State) -- New York.