Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Prayers and devotions|
|Named Person:||Mary, Blessed Virgin Saint; Mary, Blessed Virgin Saint; Mary, Blessed Virgin Saint.|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Elizabeth, of Toess Saint; Sarah E McNamer; Cambridge University Library.; Magdalene College (University of Cambridge)
|Notes:||"Evidence strongly suggests ... that the text records the visionary experiences not of the popular Franciscan St Elizabeth (d. 1231), daughter of King Andreas II of Hungary, but rather of her lesser-known, uncanonized, Dominican great-niece, Elizabeth of Töss (d. 1336), daughter of King Andreas III of Hungary."--P. .
"Most of the revelations consist of dialogues between Elizabeth and the Virgin Mary."--P. .
|Description:||136 p. : facsims. ; 24 cm.|
|Series Title:||Middle English texts., 28.|
|Other Titles:||Revelations of St. Elizabeth of Hungary.|
|Responsibility:||ed. from Cambridge University Library MS Hh.i.11 and Wynkyn de Worde's printed text of ?1493 by Sarah McNamer.|
- Mary, -- Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Apparitions and miracles -- Early works to 1800.
- Mary, -- Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Prayers and devotions -- Early works to 1800.
- Devotional literature, English (Middle) -- Early works to 1800.
- Private revelations -- Early works to 1800.
- Women mystics -- Early works to 1800.
- Mary, -- Blessed Virgin, Saint.