Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Josiah Henson; Josiah Henson|
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Josiah Henson; John Lobb; Harriet Beecher Stowe; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Documenting the American South (Project); University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.
|Notes:||Title from electronic title page.
Updated version of the author's autobiography published under titles: The life of Josiah Henson and Father Henson's story of his own life.
This electronic edition is part of the UNC-CH digitization project's database, Documenting the American South. It is a part of the collection North American slave narratives.
Text scanned (OCR) by Lee Ann Morawski. Images scanned by Bethany Ronnberg. Text encoded by Chris Hill and Natalia Smith.
|Details:||Mode of access: Internet World Wide Web.|
|Other Titles:||"Uncle Tom's" story of his life from 1789 to 1876.
Uncle Tom's story from 1789 to 1876.
North American slave narratives.
|Responsibility:||with a preface by Harriet Beecher Stowe, and an introductory note by George Sturge, and S. Morley ; edited by John Lobb.|
- Henson, Josiah, -- 1789-1883.
- African Americans -- Biography.
- African American clergy -- Biography.
- African American abolitionists -- Biography.
- Fugitive slaves -- Maryland -- Biography.
- Fugitive slaves -- Canada -- Biography.
- Blacks -- Canada -- Biography.
- Slaves -- Maryland -- Biography.
- Slavery -- Maryland.
- Plantation life -- Maryland.
- Slaves' writings, American -- Maryland.
- Uncle Tom (Fictitious character)
- Henson, Josiah, -- 1789-1883
- African American abolitionists.
- African American clergy.
- African Americans.
- Fugitive slaves.
- Plantation life.
- Slaves' writings, American.