Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Dudley family.; John Dudley Northumberland, Duke of; Robert Dudley Leicester, Earl of; Dudley (Familie); Tudor (Familie); Robert Dudley of Leicester|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"First published in the UK by Constable, an imprint of Constable & Robinson, Ltd. 2005"--Title page verso.|
|Description:||xii, 416 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Other Titles:||Black history of the Dudleys and the Tudor throne|
"The most famous of them all, Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, came the closest to marrying Elizabeth I, was her foremost favorite for 30 years and governed the Netherlands in her name, while his successor, Sir Robert Dudley, scholar, adventurer and courtier, was one of the Queen's most audacious seadogs in the closing years of her reign, but fell foul of James I. Thus the fortunes of this astonishing family rose and fell with those of the royal line they served faithfully through a tumultuous century."--Jacket.
- Dudley family.
- Northumberland, John Dudley, -- Duke of, -- 1502-1553.
- Leicester, Robert Dudley, -- Earl of, -- 1532?-1588.
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- History -- 16th century.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1485-1603.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1625.
- Nobility -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Great Britain -- History -- Tudors, 1485-1603.
- Dudley (Familie)
- Tudor (Familie)
- Leicester, Robert Dudley of.