Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kevin M Fitzpatrick; Mark La Gory; Kevin Fitzpatrick
|ISBN:||9780415805162 0415805163 9780415805179 0415805171 9780203843765 0203843762|
|Notes:||Revised edition of: Unhealthy places, 2000.|
|Description:||xiii, 228 pages ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. The Importance of Place 2. Humans as Spatial Animals 3. The Ecology of Everyday Urban Life 4. The Sociology of Health 5. Cities as Mosaics of Risk and Protection 6. Health Risks among Special Populations in the City 7. Promoting Health: Place-Based Solutions to Place-Based Problems|
|Series Title:||Metropolis and modern life|
|Responsibility:||Kevin Fitzpatrick, Mark LaGory.|
"Unhealthy Cities reminds social scientists that if we are interested in social inequalities by place, race, class, and age, we must attend to disparities in health outcomes. For health researchers
- Inner cities -- Health aspects -- United States.
- Urban poor -- Health and hygiene -- United States.
- Urban minorities -- Health and hygiene -- United States.
- Urban health -- United States.
- Urban Health -- United States.
- Residence Characteristics -- United States.
- Socioeconomic Factors -- United States.
- Sociology, Medical -- United States.