Zoeken naar een in de bibliotheek beschikbaar exemplaar
Bibliotheken met dit item worden gezocht…
|Genoemd persoon:||Joseph P Lash; Joseph P Lash|
|Soort document:||Visueel materiaal|
|Alle auteurs / medewerkers:||
Sanford Greenwald; Carl H Jones
|Opmerkingen:||Unedited newsreel footage.
Title supplied by cataloger based on Hearst index card description.
Bracketed production credit and date supplied from Hearst index card.
Summary based on Hearst index card description and viewing.
Rights held by UCLA Film and Television Archive.
|Credits:||[Shot by Greenwald and Jones].|
Summary continues: ... A speaker in military uniform says he wants to be in a position to defend himself. He asks the crowd why they choose to discuss peace at a time when the University does not want them to do it [crowd laughter]; the University has given the students a 1:00 meeting time in Royce Hall, but they choose to meet off campus at 11 am. The next speaker questions whether the University would ever allow students to come out and talk; moreover the 11:00 off-campus meeting is as an expression of solidarity with students nationwide who are meeting simultaneously. He urges students who see a particular poster to expose its fallacious lies; Joseph P. Lash is not and never has been a Socialist and has probably never conversed with Stalin; the students are sincere. A woman student discusses the strike and the importance of having in place a non-political student organization which will call a strike if and when war is declared.
- Lash, Joseph P., -- 1909-1987.
- University of California, Los Angeles.
- United States. -- Army. -- Reserve Officers' Training Corps.
- Peace movements -- United States.
- Public meetings -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Demonstrations -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Student movements -- United States.
- Student strikes -- United States.
- Students -- United States -- Societies, etc.
- Westwood (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Newsreels -- Unedited footage.
- Peace movements.
- Public meetings.
- Student movements.
- Student strikes.
- Students -- Societies, etc.
- California -- Los Angeles.
- California -- Los Angeles -- Westwood.
- United States.