Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Registers of dead Indexes
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xiv, 327 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||"This book was written to memorialize those soldiers who died in defense of the Union and the expanding frontier but whose names were not recorded in the published "Roll of Honor" or anywhere else. [This book] is based largely on the records at the National Archives, and on existing records of headstones requests, and on records of post cemeteries. By continuing the listing of burials of soldiers in post cemeteries and burials of civilians in national and post cemeteries that was begun by the Quartermanster's Department in the Roll of Honor, [this book] gives the researcher access to previously unpublished records of both soldiers and early settlers on the frontier" --
|Responsibility:||compiled by Mark Hughes.|
- Roll of honor -- Indexes.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Registers of dead -- Indexes.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Registers -- Indexes.
- Registers of births, etc. -- United States -- Indexes.
- United States -- Military records -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States, West Virginia -- Military records -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States, Virginia -- Military records -- Civil War, 1861-1865.