|提及的人：||Sergey Nabokov; Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov; Sergey Nabokov; Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov|
Paul Elliott Russell
|ISBN:||9781573447195 1573447196 9781573447324 1573447323|
|描述：||381 p. ; 21 cm.|
|责任：||by Paul Russell.|
"In his novel based on the extraordinary life of the gay brother of Vladimir Nabokov, Paul Russell re-creates the rich and changing world in which Sergey, his family and friends lived; from wealth and position in pre-revolutionary Russia, to the halls of Cambridge University, and the Parisian salon of Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas. But it is the honesty and vulnerability of Sergey, our young gay narrator, that hook the reader: his stuttering childhood in the shadow of his brilliant brother, his opium-fueled evenings with his sometime lover Cocteau, his troubled love life on the margins of the Ballets Russes and its legendary cast, and his isolation in war torn Berlin where he will ultimately be arrested, sent to a camp and die in 1945."--Amazon.com.
- Nabokov, Sergey, -- 1900-1945.
- Gay men -- Russia -- Fiction.
- Russia -- History -- Nicholas II, 1894-1917 -- Fiction.
- Nabokov, Vladimir Vladimirovich, -- 1899-1977 -- Fiction.
- Gay men -- France -- Paris -- Fiction.
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- Amerikanisches Englisch.