|提及的人：||David Friedrich Strauss; Arthur Schopenhauer; Richard Wagner; David Friedrich Strauss; Arthur Schopenhauer; Richard Wagner; Arthur Schopenhauer; David Friedrich Strauss; Richard Wagner|
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche; R J Hollingdale; J P Stern
|ISBN:||0521247403 9780521247405 0521289270 9780521289276|
|语言注释：||Translation of: Unzeitgemässe Betrachtungen.|
|描述：||xxxii, 256 pages ; 23 cm.|
|内容：||1. David Strauss, the confessor and the writer ---
2. On the uses and disadvantages of history for life ---
3. Schopenhauer as educator ---
4. Richard Wagner in Bayreuth.
|丛书名：||Texts in German philosophy.|
|责任：||Friedrich Nietzsche ; translated by R.J. Hollingdale ; with an introduction by J.P. Stern.|
The four short works in Untimely Meditations were published by Nietzsche between 1873 and 1876. They deal with such broad topics as the relationship between popular and genuine culture, strategies for cultural reform, the task of philosophy, the nature of education, and the relationship between art, science and life. They also include Nietzsche's earliest statement of his own understanding of human selfhood as a process of endlessly 'becoming who one is'. As Daniel Breazeale shows in his introduction to this new edition of R.J. Hollingdale's translation of the essays, these four early texts are key documents for understanding the development of Nietzsche's thought and clearly anticipate many of the themes of his later writings. Nietzsche himself always cherished his Untimely Meditations and believed that they provide valuable evidence of his 'becoming and self-overcoming' and constitute a 'public pledge' concerning his own distinctive task as a philosopher.
- Strauss, David Friedrich, -- 1808-1874.
- History -- Study and teaching.
- Schopenhauer, Arthur, -- 1788-1860.
- Wagner, Richard, -- 1813-1883.
- Philosophy, German -- 19th century.
- Philosophy, Modern -- 19th century.
- Histoire -- Étude et enseignement.
- Schopenhauer, Arthur, -- 1788-1860
- Strauss, David Friedrich, -- 1808-1874
- Wagner, Richard, -- 1813-1883
- Philosophy, German.
- Philosophy, Modern.
- German philosophy - Texts