|提及的人：||Tutankhamen, King of Egypt; Howard Carter; George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert Carnarvon, Earl of; George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert Carnarvon, Earl of; Howard Carter; Tutankhamen, King of Egypt.; Pharao) Tutanchamun (Ägypten; Howard Carter|
|注意：||"A Tom Doherty Associates book."|
|描述：||231 pages ; 22 cm|
Cecelia Holland has written an extraordinary novel that ranges between two eras thousands of years apart and between two cultures as different as can be imagined, yet with striking similarities. Valley of the Kings re-creates an ancient Egypt that for centuries has been shrouded in mystery. It was a time of religious and political upheaval - the heretic Pharaoh Akhenaten's religious reforms had been defeated by the power of the Priests of Amun, and the young Boy King, Tutankhamun, had been placed on the throne. There was famine in the land, and ongoing deadly intrigue in the Court, as different factions maneuvered to gain control of Egypt. It ended in the mysterious death of the young king and his hasty, secret burial. Nearly thirty-five hundred years later, in the 1920s, a young British archaeologist, Howard Carter, becomes obsessed with finding Tutankhamun's tomb. In the course of his quest, Carter duels across time with the devious Minds of the New Kingdom of Egypt. His experience digging in the Valley of the Kings has given him an insight into how the ancients thought, and he is sure that he can locate the tomb that all Egyptologists know must exist but no one can find. But he must struggle with more than the secretive nature of the ancient Egyptians - his work cannot go on without the approval of the modern Egyptian bureaucracy and the continued financial support of a British peer who is looking for treasure more than knowledge.
- Egypt -- History -- Eighteenth dynasty, ca. 1570-1320 B.C. -- Fiction.
- Tutankhamen, -- King of Egypt -- Fiction.
- Carter, Howard, -- 1874-1939 -- Fiction.
- Carnarvon, George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert, -- Earl of, -- 1866-1923 -- Fiction.
- Archaeologists -- Fiction.
- Carnarvon, George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert, -- Earl of, -- 1866-1923
- Carter, Howard, -- 1874-1939
- Tutankhamen, -- King of Egypt.
- Tutanchamun (Ägypten, Pharao)
- Carter, Howard.
- Belletristische Darstellung.
- Tal der Könige.