Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|Music Type:||Concertos; Fantasias|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James MacMillan; Evelyn Glennie; Ruth Crouch; Jukka-Pekka Saraste; Scottish Chamber Orchestra.
|Notes:||The 1st work is a concerto; the 3rd work for flute, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, percussion (1 player), violin, viola, violoncello and double bass; the 4th work for flute, clarinet, horn, bassoon, vibraphone, violin, violoncello and piano; the 5th work for flute, clarinet, English horn, horn and bassoon.
Program notes by the composer and biographical notes (9 p. : ill.)--inserted in container.
|Performer(s):||Evelyn Glennie, solo percussion (1st work) ; Scottish Chamber Orchestra (1st, 3rd-5th works) ; Ruth Crouch, violin (2nd work) ; James MacMillan, piano (2nd work) ; Jukka-Pekka Saraste (1st work), James MacMillan (3rd-5th works), conductors.|
|Event notes:||Recorded Apr. 26, 1993, Usher Hall, Edinburgh (1st work), and May 13-14, 1993, City Hall, Glasgow (2nd-5th works).|
|Description:||1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Veni, veni, Emmanuel (26:08) --
After the tryst (3:03) --
"--as others see us--
" (24:51) --
Three dawn rituals (7:29) --
|Other Titles:||Instrumental music.|
|Responsibility:||music of James MacMillan.|
- Concertos (Percussion with chamber orchestra)
- Advent music.
- Violin and piano music.
- Nonets (Bassoon, clarinet, flute, trumpet, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, double bass)
- Octets (Piano, bassoon, clarinet, flute, horn, vibraphone, violin, cello)
- Wind quintets (Bassoon, clarinet, English horn, flute, horn)
- Nonets (Bassoon, clarinet, flute, trumpet, percussion, violin, viola, cello, double bass)
User lists with this item (1)
- Jack Schwem CD Collection, Miscellaneous - VU Library(133 items)
by ViterboLibrary updated 2012-08-07