|提及的人：||George D Aiken; Cyrus G Pringle; John Dewey; Ethan Allen; William Scott; William Eleazar Barton; Luke Ferriter; Abraham Lincoln|
Martha V Smith; Dorothy Thompson
A collection of notes and newsclippings relating to Vermont's history, collected by Martha V. Smith, probably in conjunction with a program at the Women's Club of Proctor. The collection also includes biographical sketches of Vermonters, including George Aiken, Cyrus Pringle, John Dewey and others. Two articles were written by Dorothy Thompson. As well, there is the draft of a letter written to John Pell, author of "Ethan Allen" suggesting some corrections, particularly in relation to the maiden name of Ethan Allen's wife, Fanny Montresor. Of particular interest are several newsclippings from 1926 relating to a confrontation between Lincoln scholar Dr. William E. Barton with Civil War veteran Luke Ferriter of Brattleboro, Vermont regarding William Scott's pardon by President Lincoln.
- Aiken, George D. -- (George David), -- 1892-1984.
- Pringle, Cyrus G. -- (Cyrus Guernsey), -- 1838-1911.
- Dewey, John, -- 1859-1952.
- Allen, Ethan, -- 1738-1789 -- Family.
- Scott, William, -- 1839-1862.
- Barton, William Eleazar, -- 1861-1930.
- Ferriter, Luke, -- 1844-1930.
- Lincoln, Abraham, -- 1809-1865.
- Women's Club of Proctor (Vt.)
- Women -- Societies and clubs.
- Vermont -- Biography.
- Vermont -- History.
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.