Trouver un exemplaire dans la bibliothèque
Recherche de bibliothèques qui possèdent cet ouvrage...
|Genre/forme :||Albumen prints
|Type d’ouvrage :||Document graphique, Photographie|
|Format :||Matériel visuel|
|Tous les auteurs / collaborateurs :||
|Numéro OCLC :||80905716|
|Notes :||Title devised by cataloger.
Captions written on mounts in Spanish.
The images in this collection are contained in Álbum fotográfico mexicano, published by Julio Machaud and Sons in 1860, with 25 large-format plates from photographs Charnay took in 1858 on his first trip to Mexico, and text by Manuel Orozco y Berra.
|Description :||14 photographic prints : albumen ; image 16 x 23 cm., on mounts 34 x 41 cm.|
There are two views of the Catedral de Gaudalupe, Mexico's main pilgrimage site, where the Virgen de Guadalupe is venerated; one of these shows the cathedral situated within La Villa de Guadalupe, then a small town three miles northeast of the Zócalo, and now part of the greater metropolitan area. The avenida San Cosme, one of the entrances to the city in the mid-nineteenth century, is represented in two views. Images of outlying areas include a view of Texcoco, the Aztec site which Cortés used as a base for his operations against Mexico City, and the ruins of the Franciscan monastery at Tlalmanalco. There is also one view of Puebla, showing the church of Santo Domingo.
Sujets associés :(14)
- Castillo de Chapultepec (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Catedral de México.
- Basílica de Santa María de Guadalupe (Gustavo A. Madero, Mexico)
- Convento de la Merced (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Palacio Nacional (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Santo Domingo (Church : Puebla, Mexico)
- Santo Domingo (Church : Mexico City, Mexico)
- Church buildings -- Mexico -- Mexico City.
- Streets -- Mexico -- Mexico City.
- Mexico -- Description and travel.
- Mexico -- History -- European intervention, 1861-1867.
- Mexico City (Mexico) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Texcoco de Mora (Mexico)
- Tlalmanalco de Velázquez (Mexico)