|注意：||Title devised by cataloger.
Captions written on mounts in Spanish.
The images in this collection are contained in Álbum fotográfico mexicano, published by Julio Machaud and Sons in 1860, with 25 large-format plates from photographs Charnay took in 1858 on his first trip to Mexico, and text by Manuel Orozco y Berra.
|描述：||14 photographic prints : albumen ; image 16 x 23 cm., on mounts 34 x 41 cm.|
Fourteen images present a view of Mexico City and environs in the early Reform period, a crucial moment of urban and social change during which the break-up of large civic and ecclesiastical properties, including the vast monastic complexes, helped change the face of the growing metropolis. Represented are the major religious and civic sites of Mexico City, including the Palacio Nacional, the Catedral Metropolitana, the Palacio de Chapultepec, the church and part of the monastic complex of Santo Domingo (the demolition of which began in 1859), and the inner courtyard of the Convento de la Merced.
- Castillo de Chapultepec (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Catedral de México.
- Basílica de Santa María de Guadalupe (Gustavo A. Madero, Mexico)
- Convento de la Merced (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Palacio Nacional (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Santo Domingo (Church : Puebla, Mexico)
- Santo Domingo (Church : Mexico City, Mexico)
- Church buildings -- Mexico -- Mexico City.
- Streets -- Mexico -- Mexico City.
- Mexico -- Description and travel.
- Mexico -- History -- European intervention, 1861-1867.
- Mexico City (Mexico) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Texcoco de Mora (Mexico)
- Tlalmanalco de Velázquez (Mexico)