Martha W McCartney
|描述：||833 p. : maps ; 24 cm.|
|責任：||Martha W. McCartney.|
"From the earliest records relating to Virginia, we learn the basics about many of these original colonists: their origins, the names of the ships they sailed on, the names of the "hundreds" and "plantations" they inhabited, the names of their spouses and children, their occupations and their position in the colony, their relationships with fellow colonists and Indian neighbors, their living conditions as far as can be ascertained from documentary sources, their ownership of land, the dates and circumstances of their death, and a host of fascinating, sometimes incidental details about their personal lives, all gathered together in the handy format of a biographical dictionary" -- publisher website (January 2008).
- Virginia -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Virginia -- History -- 17th century -- Dictionaries.
- Immigrants -- Virginia -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Adventure and adventurers -- Virginia -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Virginia -- Genealogy.
- Jamestown (Va.) -- Biography -- Dictionaries.
- Jamestown (Va.) -- Genealogy.
- Adventure and adventurers.
- Virginia -- Jamestown.
- United States, Virginia -- Biography -- Dictionaries.