Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Thomas Culpeper, Sir; Francis Nicholson|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas Phillipps, Sir; James Blair; William Blathwayt; William Byrd; Robert Carter; Francis Fauquier; Josiah Sharpe; Alexander Spotswood
|Notes:||Manuscript Division reel #M2295.|
|Description:||1 reel : positive ; 35 mm.|
The collection also includes papers, 1615-1715, of William Blathwayt, commissioner of Trade and Plantations, which chiefly concern revenue and rent accounts, and contains Lord Culpeper's commission as governor.
Also included are the 1704 affadavit of James Blair about the misadministration of Francis Nicholson, treasurer's accounts, 1705, of Robert Carter, a letter from the treasurer to Alexander Spotswood, quitrent accounts, 1703, signed by William Byrd, a 1683 rent roll of Accomack Co. proprietors, and a list, 1698, of militia captains in each county.
Papers from the office of Josiah Sharpe, solicitor to the treasurer include documents, 1752-1777, from several legal cases, including one signed by Francis Fauquier.
- Culpeper, Thomas, -- Sir, -- 1635-1689.
- Nicholson, Francis, -- 1655-1728.
- Virginia. -- Militia.
- Finance -- Virginia -- To 1789.
- Law -- Virginia -- Cases.
- Public schools -- Virginia.
- Taxation -- Virginia -- 17th century.
- Taxation -- Virginia -- 18th century.
- Accomack County (Va.)
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.