|提及的人：||Vivian Maier; Vivian Maier; Vivian Maier|
Vivian Maier; Richard Cahan; Michael Williams
|描述：||287 pages : chiefly black and white illustrations ; 24 cm|
|其他題名：||Out of the shadows|
|責任：||Richard Cahan, Michael Williams.|
Presenting her photographs alongside interviews with those who knew her best, this volume is the first attempt to put Vivian Maier's work in context and create a portrait of her as an artist. Though she created more than 10,000 negatives during her lifetime, only a few of them were ever seen by others. Shortly after her death in 2009, the first group of her unseen Chicago photographs--gritty with humanity and filled with empathy and beauty--were shown online. Word of her work spread quickly, catapulting Maier from previous obscurity to being labeled as one of the masters of street photography.--From publisher description.
- Photography, Artistic.
- Maier, Vivian, -- 1926-2009.
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Pictorial works.
- Street photography -- Illinois -- Chicago.
- Street photography -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Street life -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Pictorial works.
- Street life -- New York (State) -- New York -- Pictorial works.
- Street life.
- Street photography.
- Illinois -- Chicago.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- Maier, Vivian.