Marano, Richard Michael, 1960-
Vote your conscience.
Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2003
|提及的人：||George S McGovern; George S McGovern; George S McGovern|
Richard Michael Marano
|描述：||xiv, 272 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|内容：||The new right and the old paranoia: senate defeat --
The decision to run: quixotic or common sense? --
This land is your land: the press reaction --
On the road again: hoping lightning strikes twice --
The McGovern platform: realism and common sense --
This land is my land: Iowa --
Running on a shoestring: New Hampshire --
Super Tuesday: Massachusetts or bust --
The peacemaker: emergence of an elder statesman.
|責任：||Richard Michael Marano.|
"The stigma of that defeat has often overshadowed McGovern's otherwise influential and respectable career in politics. Richard Michael Marano shows that despite his infamous defeat, McGovern very much a man of high principles stood tall and spoke his conscience when he decided in 1983 that he would again run for the presidency.
While his candidacy was at first seen by many as a pathetic attempt by a political has been to relive past glories, McGovern quickly proved his critics wrong by running a solid, admirable campaign." "This book is an in-depth analysis of the 1984 Democratic campaign, as well as a detailed discussion of George McGovern's common sense program for America."--Jacket.
- McGovern, George S. -- (George Stanley), -- 1922-2012.
- Legislators -- United States -- Biography.
- Presidential candidates -- United States -- Biography.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1984.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate -- Biography.
- Political campaigns -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1981-1989.
- McGovern, George S. -- (George Stanley), -- 1922-2012
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate.
- Political campaigns.
- Political science.
- Presidential candidates.
- Presidents -- Election.
- United States.
- McGovern, George S.
- USA -- Präsident.