Early works to 1800
Cook, James, 1728-1779.
voyage towards the South Pole, and round the world.
London, Printed for W. Strahan & T. Cadell, 1777
James Cook; Tobias Furneaux; William Hodges; James Basire; W Whitchurch; Benjamin Thomas Pouncy; U.S. Naval Museum of Hygiene,
|注意：||Plates signed by engravers: J. Basire, Gulielmus Whitchurch, B.T. Pouncy, Lerperniere, J.K. Shirwin/Sherwin, W. Byrne, W. Palmer, Record, F. Bartolozzi, W. Woollett, J. Russell, J. Hall, and J. Caldwall. Many are signed by illustrator Wm. Hodges.
Vol. I: xl, 378p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) ; vol. 2: , 396 p.,  leaves of plates.
|描述：||2 v. : plates (part fold.) ports. (incl. front.) maps (part fold.) fold. plan ; 30 cm. (4to)|
|责任：||written by James Cook, commander of the Resolution ; in which is included, Captain Furneaux's narrative of his proceedings in the Adventure during the separation of the ships ; in two volumes ; illustrated with maps and charts, and a variety of portraits of persons and views and places, drawn during the voyage by Mr. Hodges, and engraved by the most eminent masters ; vol. I[-II].|
- Natural History -- Antarctic Regions.
- Natural History -- Oceania.
- Voyages around the world.
- VIAJES ALREDEDOR DEL MUNDO.
- REGIONES ANTARTICAS.
- Antarctic Expeditions, 1772-5.
- OCEANIA -- DESCUBRIMIENTO Y EXPLORACIONES.
- Adventure (Ship)
- Resolution (Ship)
- Voyages around the world -- Early works to 1800.
- Oceania -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- Early works to 1800.
- Discoveries in geography.