|提及的人：||John J O'Connor; Mario Matthew Cuomo; David N Dinkins; Mario Matthew Cuomo; David N Dinkins; John J O'Connor|
WABC.; New York Daily News.; Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
|注意：||Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.|
|詳述：||Mode of access: Intranet.|
|内容：||Part 1: Data File|
|叢書名：||ICPSR (Series), 9457.|
|責任：||WABCNew York Daily News|
This survey focuses on issues related to Cardinal O'Connor, head of the New York Archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church. Respondents were asked if they approved of the way Mario Cuomo, David Dinkins, and O'Connor were handling their jobs, if they liked O'Connor personally and approved of his policies, if they thought their church or religious group should be more active in working for social justice and helping the poor, and if they thought various actions were morally wrong. In addition, respondents were asked how much they were guided in their own lives by Cardinal O'Connor's public statements on issues such as abortion, birth control, homosexuality, and AIDs, if they thought his views tended to be too liberal, and if they thought O'Connor should stay out of politics entirely. Catholic respondents also were asked if O'Connor's statements and actions made them proud to be Catholics, if O'Connor or their local parish clergy or Mario Cuomo represented their views better, and if they favored an American Catholic Church independent from Rome. Background information on respondents includes religion, political alignment, education, age, race, income, and sex.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR09457
- O'Connor, John J. -- (John Joseph), -- 1920-2000 -- Public opinion.
- Cuomo, Mario Matthew -- Public opinion.
- Dinkins, David N. -- Public opinion.
- Catholics -- New York (State) -- New York -- Attitudes.
- Public opinion -- New York (State) -- New York.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social conditions -- Public opinion.
- XIV. MASS POLITICAL BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDES -- C. Public Opinion on Political Matters -- 1. United States -- ICPSR XIV.C.1.
- Cuomo, Mario Matthew.
- Dinkins, David N.
- O'Connor, John J. -- (John Joseph), -- 1920-2000.
- Catholics -- Attitudes.
- Public opinion.
- New York (State) -- New York.