도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|명시된 사람:||Waddy Thompson; Robert Woodward Barnwell; José María Bocanegra; A P Butler; Pierce Mason Butler; Lewis Cass; John C Calhoun; John J Crittenden; Warren Ransom Davis; Thomas J Green; Robert Young Hayne; Charles Lanman; William Berkeley Lewis; Brantz Mayer; George McDuffie; Nott, (Judge); B F Perry; James Louis Petigru; F W Pickens; Joel Roberts Poinsett; William C Preston; William C Rives; Antonio López de Santa Anna; John Tyler; Daniel Webster; Chotard family.; Gould family.; Thompson family.; Williams family.|
|문서 형식:||책, 아카이브 자료|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Waddy Thompson; Robert Woodward Barnwell; A P Butler; Pierce Mason Butler; John J Crittenden; Warren Ransom Davis; Robert Young Hayne; Charles Lanman; William Berkeley Lewis; Brantz Mayer; George McDuffie; Nott, (Judge); B F Perry; James Louis Petigru; F W Pickens; Joel Roberts Poinsett; John Tyler
|더 많은 정보:|
Correspondents include Robert W. Barnwell, Andrew Pickens Butler, Pierce Mason Butler, John J. Crittenden, Warren R. Davis, Robert H. Hayne, Charles Lanman, Brantz Mayer, George McDuffie, Abraham Nott, Benjamin F. Perry, James Louis Petigru, Francis W. Pickens, Joel R. Poinsett, John Tyler, and others.
Accounts, 15 Oct. 1824 and 2 Sept. 1837, listing expenses for plantation and household supplies; letter, 5 July 1842 (Washington, D.C.), from W[illiam] B[erkeley] Lewis, [Second Auditor of the U.S. Treasury], to WT in Mexico, enclosing letter to be translated into Spanish applying to the Mexican government for indemnity "in relation to our claim upon the Texan Government," commenting on friction between President [John] Tyler and Congress over proposed distribution of the land fund; letter, 11 Dec. 1842 (Washington, D.C.), from Brantz Mayer [Secretary of U.S. Legation to Mexico], to WT re his return "through the South" to settle his father's estate, reports on interview with [Daniel] Webster and his dissatisfaction with the proposed treaty with Mexico, possible change in status of minister, Mayer's chances of appointment to Denmark, Thompson's popularity in Mexico, resignation of [William C.] Preston and [John C.] Calhoun, appraisal of presidential candidates: [Martin] Van Buren, [Thomas H.] Benton, [James] Buchanan, [Lewis] Cass, [John C.] Calhoun, and [Henry] Clay, "I think it highly probably that Tyler or Cass will be the man, - tho' Calhoun's stock is rising...."
Letter, 18 Mar. 1843 (Demopolis, Ala.), from F[rancis] S[trother] Lyon, requesting Thompson's aid in providing comfort to David S. Kornegay, taken prisoner in Texas; letter, 2 July 1843, from T[homas] J[efferson] Green, "Castle of Perote," to Santa Anna, stating conditions of his health since his imprisonment with a medical certificate, discussing "medical assistance necessary for my restoration... I have not been trusted upon parole"; draft of a letter, 17 Oct. 1843 (U.S. Legation, Mexico) to Jose M. de Bocanegra, presenting a counter project for settlement of "claims pending between the Government and citizens of the U.S. States and the Government & citizens of the Mexican Republic."
Also includes small amount of genealogical information on the Thompson, Chotard, Gould family, and Williams families.
- Thompson, Waddy, -- 1798-1868 -- Correspondence.
- Barnwell, Robert Woodward, -- 1801-1882 -- Correspondence.
- Bocanegra, José María, -- 1787-1862.
- Butler, A. P. -- (Andrew Pickens), -- 1796-1857 -- Correspondence.
- Butler, Pierce Mason, -- 1798-1847 -- Correspondence.
- Cass, Lewis, -- 1782-1866.
- Calhoun, John C. -- (John Caldwell), -- 1782-1850.
- Crittenden, John J. -- (John Jordan), -- 1787-1863 -- Correspondence.
- Davis, Warren Ransom, -- 1793-1835 -- Correspondence.
- Green, Thomas J. -- (Thomas Jefferson), -- 1802-1863.
- Hayne, Robert Young, -- 1791-1839 -- Correspondence.
- Lanman, Charles, -- 1819-1895 -- Correspondence.
- Lewis, William Berkeley, -- 1784-1866 -- Correspondence.
- Mayer, Brantz, -- 1809-1879 -- Correspondence.
- McDuffie, George, -- 1790-1851 -- Correspondence.
- Nott -- (Judge) -- (Abraham), -- 1768-1830 -- Correspondence.
- Perry, B. F. -- (Benjamin Franklin), -- 1805-1886 -- Correspondence.
- Petigru, James Louis, -- 1789-1863 -- Correspondence.
- Pickens, F. W. -- (Francis Wilkinson), -- 1805-1869 -- Correspondence.
- Poinsett, Joel Roberts, -- 1779-1851 -- Correspondence.
- Preston, William C. -- (William Campbell), -- 1794-1860.
- Rives, William C. -- (William Cabell), -- 1793-1868.
- Santa Anna, Antonio López de, -- 1794?-1876.
- Tyler, John, -- 1790-1862 -- Correspondence.
- Webster, Daniel, -- 1782-1852.
- United States. -- Congress -- Officials and employees.
- Chotard family.
- Gould family.
- Thompson family.
- Williams family.
- Legislators -- South Carolina -- Correspondence.
- Diplomatic and consular service, American -- Mexico.
- Diplomats -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- History.
- Greenville (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Washington (D.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Mexico x Foreign relations -- United States.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Mexico.
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.
- Texas -- History -- To 1846.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1865.