Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Young adult fiction
|Named Person:||Don Juan (Legendary character)|
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Donna Jo Napoli
|Target Audience:||Young Adult.; 580|
|Description:||262 pages ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||Donna Jo Napoli.|
Napoli expertly sets the scene for this retelling of a traditional Sicilian tale The lifelike, tactile details of the story make it all eerily real. "The New York Times Book Review" Readers follow
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Vivid, descriptive writing
The Wager This quarter I read The Wager by Donna Jo Napoli. This novel was easy to get into because it starts out on a peaceful note with a pinch of suspense and a tad of humor thrown in. I liked this novel because there was an excessive amount of description in just about every sentence. It painted...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Wagers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Aristocracy (Social class) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Pride and vanity -- Juvenile fiction.
- Devil -- Juvenile fiction.
- Don Juan (Legendary character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Sicily (Italy) -- History -- 1016-1194 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Italy -- History -- 12th century -- Juvenile fiction.
- Conduct of life -- Fiction.
- Wagers -- Fiction.
- Aristocracy (Social class) -- Fiction.
- Pride and vanity -- Fiction.
- Devil -- Fiction.
- Don Juan (Legendary character) -- Fiction.
- Sicily (Italy) -- History -- 1016-1194 -- Fiction.
- Italy -- History -- 12th century -- Fiction.