Biography Juvenile literature
|提及的人：||Walt Whitman; Walt Whitman; Walt Whitman|
Barbara Kerley; Brian Selznick
|奖励：||Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Honor, 2005.
Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2005.
|目标对象：||Interest age level : Ages 7-10.|
|描述：||1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 31 cm.|
|责任：||by Barbara Kerley ; illustrated by Brian Selznick.|
Overview: The pioneering team that brought you the Caldecott Honor-winning THE DINOSAURS OF WATERHOUSE HAWKINS focuses their remarkable skills and vision on Walt Whitman--poet, American, Civil War hero. Did you know that poet Walt Whitman was also a Civil War nurse? Devastated by his country dividing and compelled to service by his brother's war injury, Walt nursed all soldiers-Union & Confederate, black & white. By getting to know them through many intense and affecting experiences, he began to see a greater life purpose: His writing could give these men a voice, & in turn, achieve his greatest aspiration--to capture the true spirit of America. Dramatic, powerful, & deeply moving, this consummate portrait of Whitman will inspire readers to pick up their pens & open their hearts to humanity.
- Whitman, Walt, -- 1819-1892 -- Juvenile literature.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care -- Juvenile literature.
- Poets, American -- 19th century -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Nurses -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Whitman, Walt, -- 1819-1892.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Poets, American.
- Medical care.
- United States.
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book awards(35 资料)
由 firstname.lastname@example.org 已更新 大约两周前
- Sibert Informational Book Medal(59 资料)
由 ccicchetti 已更新 2015-07-15
- New York Times Best Illustrated Books 2003-present(120 资料)
由 ccicchetti 已更新 2015-06-25
- Sibert Informational Book Medal(57 资料)
由 sarahridinger 已更新 2015-05-19
- Robert F. Sibert Medal and Honor Books(56 资料)
由 dordtlibrary 已更新 2015-03-30