Early works to 1800
|提及的人：||Walter, of Aquitaine|
Ekkehard, Dean of St. Gall; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
|语言注释：||Latin with some interlinear and marginal glosses in Latin and German.|
Title supplied by cataloger.
The Waltharius is traditionally attributed to Ekkehard I, but without certainty.
Origin: Written in Germany probably in the 11th century; Latin glosses dated from the early 12th century and German glosses later. "Fragments all contain text from the first half of the poem. Following the line numbering in Karl Strecker's edition, the fragments contain lines 2-6 of the 'Geraldus' prologue, and from the main text lines 7-11, 34-38, 88-93, 116-120, 143-147, 234-239, 265-270, 294-298, 321-325, 348-358 (in two cognate fragments), 375-385 (on their reverse), 402-407, 429-434, 461-466, 488-493, 515-520, 542-546, 789-793, 816-820, 843-847, and 870-874"--Green, p. 62.
Provenance: Formerly bound into two incunabula (Goff J-585 and Goff J-599) once owned by the Franciscans of Bolzano.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0148.
Former shelf-mark: xf349.374 C81co 1495.
Former shelf-mark: xf349.374 C81v 1497.
|描述：|| strips : parchment ; ca. 35 x ca. 133-295 mm.|
- Walter, -- of Aquitaine -- Romances -- Manuscripts.
- Waltharius -- Manuscripts.
- Poetry, Medieval -- Manuscripts.
- Epic poetry, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Early works to 1800.
- Latin literature, Medieval and modern -- Early works to 1800.
- Latin poetry, Medieval and modern -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.