|提及的人：||Emmanuel Jal; Emmanuel Jal|
Emmanuel Jal; Megan Lloyd-Davies
|描述：||262 p. ; 24 cm.|
|責任：||Emmanuel Jal with Megan Lloyd Davies.|
In the mid-1980s, Emmanuel Jal was a seven-year-old Sudanese boy, living in a small village. But as Sudan's civil war moved closer, his family moved again and again, seeking peace. Then, one terrible day, Jal was separated from his mother, and later learned she had been killed; his father Simon rose to become a powerful commander in the Christian Sudanese Liberation Army, fighting for the freedom of Sudan. Soon, Jal was conscripted into that army, one of 10,000 child soldiers, and fought through two separate civil wars over nearly a decade. Remarkably, he survived, and was adopted by a British aid worker, beginning the journey that would lead him to music: he recorded and released his own album, including the number one hip-hop single in Kenya, and has gone on to perform with international music stars, and to use his fame to help children like him.--From publisher description.
- Jal, Emmanuel -- Childhood and youth.
- Child soldiers -- Sudan -- Biography.
- Sudan -- History -- Civil War, 1983-2005 -- Personal narratives.
- Sudan -- History -- Civil War, 1983-2005 -- Children -- Biography.
- Sudan -- History -- Civil War, 1983-2005 -- Refugees -- Biography.
- Rap musicians -- Biography.
- Political activists -- Biography.
- Jal, Emmanuel.
- Soldiers -- Sudan -- Biography.
- Sudan -- History.
- Refugees -- Sudan -- Biography.
- Rap music -- Biography.
- Political participation -- Biography.
- War Victims- For Adults(23 資料)
由 kbryant04046 已更新 2013-11-15
- Memoir (RD 80 and 90)(27 資料)
由 pcclib 已更新 2013-11-12
- 2010 and Older Gimmie Indie Rock at Stillwater Public Library(479 資料)
由 ztuck 已更新 2013-10-23
- War (RD 80 and 90)(5 資料)
由 pcclib 已更新 2013-04-13
- Things to Check Out(10 資料)
由 ck_chinacn 已更新 2012-05-03