|类型/形式：||Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Sundance Film Festival Awards
Young adult films
Sean Fine; Andrea Nix Fine; Albie Hecht; Asche & Spencer (Musical group); Shine Global (Firm); Rogues Harbor Studios.; Fine Films (Firm); Thinkfilm (Firm); Image Entertainment (Firm)
|语言注释：||In Acholi and English with English subtitles.|
|注意：||Originally produced as a documentary film in 2006.|
|制作人员：||Director of photography, Sean Fine ; editor, Jeff Consiglio ; music, Asche & Spencer.|
|奖励：||Sundance Film Festival, 2007: Directing Award - Documentary.|
|目标对象：||MPAA rating: PG13; for some thematic material involving descriptions of war atrocities.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (107 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|详述：||DVD, NTSC, region 1; Dolby digital 5.1 surround or Dolby digital stereo 2.0 ; widescreen format (1.78:1).|
A new instructor --
Dry season --
The Bwola --
A visit home --
Two days to go --
The journey --
The festival --
Second performance --
Free time --
Traditional dance --
Awards ceremony --
Returning to Patongo. Special features: Deleted and extended scenes (22 min.); theatrical trailer (3 min.).
|责任：||ThnkFilm, Shine Global presents in association with Rogues Harbor Studios a Fine Films production ; directed by Sean Fine & Andrea Nix Fine ; producer, Albie Hecht ; writers, Sean Fine, Andrea Nix Fine.|
A depiction of the transformative and uplifting potential of music and dance in the lives of children. Dominic, Rose, and Nancy are three children of the Acholi tribe, living in the war zone displacement camp in Patongo, Uganda. As war refugees, their families have been decimated, their homes lost, and they have been burdened with vivid memories of violence. However, the children are at least able to attend a camp school that offers them inspiration, as they participate in music, song and performance. When they are invited to compete in an annual music and dance festival in their nation's capitol, an opportunity for which all 20,000 Ugandan schools compete, they are given the chance to regain hope and success in their lives.
- Dance for children -- Uganda -- Northern Province.
- Music and children -- Uganda -- Northern Province.
- Refugees -- Uganda -- Northern Province.
- Refugee camps -- Uganda -- Northern Province.
- Music -- Competitions -- Uganda.
- Dance -- Competitions -- Uganda.
- Competition (Psychology) in children.
- Contests -- Uganda -- Northern Province.
- Music -- Uganda -- Northern Province.
- Dance -- Competitions.
- Dance for children.
- Music and children.
- Music -- Competitions.
- Refugee camps.
- Uganda -- Northern Province.
- Dance for children -- Northern Province (Uganda)
- Refugees -- Northern Province (Uganda)
- Refugee camps -- Northern Province (Uganda)
- Contests -- Northern Province (Uganda)