Sayre, Harold Ray.
Warriors of color.
Fort Davis, Tex. : H.R. Sayre, 1995
Harold Ray Sayre
|描述：||vi, 521 pages ; 27 cm|
"This book is a history book, not in the sense of great battles, but the history of great men who were unknown and had little recognition. This is the story of their lives. Some of it deals with their military service life, but the majority of it is about their struggles to survive after service, and when they died, their stories did not end, but continued on through the stories that their wives related. These were Buffalo soldiers who helped to open up the westward expansion of our country ... This research covered 63 men of Troop H, 10th Cavalry who were stationed at Fort Davis, Texas, during the spring of 1884"--Preface.
- United States. -- Army -- African American troops -- Biography.
- African American soldiers -- West (U.S.) -- Genealogy.
- United States. -- Army.
- African American soldiers.
- Military participation -- African American.
- United States, West.
- African American soldiers -- History.
- United States -- Military history -- Regimental histories.
- United States, Texas -- Military history.