Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David G McCullough; Russell Baker; Ric Burns; Lisa Ades; Steeplechase Films Inc.; Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm)
|Language Note:||Closed captioned.|
|Notes:||Originally broadcast as episodes of the television program The American experience in 1995.
"The program contains information that may not be appropriate for all viewers. Viewer discretion is advised"--Container.
|Credits:||Produced by Bruce Shaw and Li-Shin Yu ; co-editor, Edward Barteski ; cinematography by Allen Moore ; music by Brian Keane.|
|Performer(s):||Introduced by David McCullough ; narrated by Russell Baker.|
|Description:||2 videodiscs (ca. 360 min.) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD; stereo; region 1; NTSC.|
|Contents:||episode 1. Westward, the course of empire takes its way, 1845-1964 --
episode 2. Approach of civilization, 1865-1869 --
episode 3. War for the Black Hills, 1870-1876 --
episode 4. Ghost Dance, 1877-1893.
|Other Titles:||American experience (Television program)|
|Responsibility:||a Steeplechase Films production for The American Experience in association with Channel Four Television ; produced by Lisa Ades and Ric Burns ; written and directed by Ric Burns.|
- West (U.S.) -- Territorial expansion.
- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- West (U.S.)
- Indians of North America -- Government relations.
- Indians of North America -- Great Plains.
- Indians of North America -- History -- 19th century.
- United States -- Territorial expansion.
- Indians of North America.
- Indians of North America -- Wars.
- Territorial expansion.
- Great Plains.
- United States.
- United States, West.