We are the ship.
New York : Jump at the Sun/Hyperion Books for Children, ©2008
|獎賞：||Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal, 2009.
Coretta Scott King Award, author, 2009.
Coretta Scott King Honor, illustrator, 2009.
|描述：||88 pages : color illustrations ; 29 x 29 cm|
A different brand of baseball: Negro League game play --
Life in the Negro leagues --
Racket ball: Negro League owners --
The greatest baseball players in the world: Negro League All-Stars --
Latin America: baseball in paradise --
Good exhibition: the Negro leagues vs. the white leagues --
Wartime heroes: World War II and the Negro League All-Star game --
Then came Jackie Robinson --
The end of the Negro leagues --
Negro leaguers who made it to the major leagues / Negro leaguers in the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
|責任：||words and paintings by Kadir Nelson ; foreword by Hank Aaron.|
Using an "Everyman" player as his narrator, Kadir Nelson tells the story of Negro League baseball from its beginnings in the 1920s through the decline after Jackie Robinson crossed over to the majors in 1947. Illustrations from oil paintings by artist Kadir Nelson.
- Negro leagues -- History -- Juvenile literature.
- African American baseball players -- Juvenile literature.
- Baseball -- United States -- History -- Juvenile literature.
- Negro leagues.
- African Americans -- United States -- History.
- Baseball -- United States -- History.
- Baseball players.
- African American baseball players.
- United States.
- Negro leagues -- History.
- African American baseball players -- History.