Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xviii, 146 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||Teaching in the undertow: resisting the pull of schooling-as-usual --
All together now --
We don't need another hero --
From the trading floor to the classroom: Charlie's story --
Seeing, hearing, and talking race: lessons for white teachers from teachers of color --
Fire and water: reflections on teaching in the city --
Juan at 16 --
Some kind of justice --
Ground zero --
A real alternative: tragedy and hope on Chicago's south side --
At the edges of a dream --
Elephants in the room --
Another path is possible --
The trouble with "innovation" in schools --
Race to the top of what?: in search of the democratic ideal in education.
|Responsibility:||Gregory Michie ; foreword by Sonia Nieto.|
- Children with social disabilities -- Education -- United States.
- Children of minorities -- Education -- United States.
- Teachers of children with social disabilities -- United States.
- Education, Urban -- United States.
- Public schools -- United States.
- Children of minorities -- Education.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education.
- Education, Urban.
- Public schools.
- Teachers of children with social disabilities.
- United States.