Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Pictorial works Exhibitions
|Named Person:||Miles Davis; Miles Davis; Miles Davis|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Vincent Bessières; Franck Bergerot; Cité de la musique (Paris, France); Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
|Notes:||"This exhibition was initiated and organized by the Cité de la Musique, Paris, with the support of Miles Davis Properties, LLC, in association with the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. Musee de la Musique, Paris, October 16, 2009 to January 17, 2010; The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, April 30 to August 29, 2010"--Page .
Statement of responsibility from p.  of cover.
|Description:||223 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm|
|Contents:||1926-1948. From St. Louis to Fifty-Second Street in search of Bird --
1948-1955. Out of the cool invention and self-loathing --
1955-1959. Miles ahead in the studio for Columbia --
1960-1967. Miles smiles controlled freedom --
1968-1971. Electric Miles rock distortion --
1971-1979. On the corner funk beat --
1980-1991. Star people global icon.
|Responsibility:||[edited by Vincent Bessières ; text by Franck Bergerot ; with contributions by George Avakian [and others]].|
"However, the images comprise the main attraction here. Included are nearly every iconic image of the trumpeter--from Don Hunstein's photos of Miles in the studio recording 'Kind of Blue' to Irving
- Davis, Miles -- Exhibitions.
- Davis, Miles -- Criticism and interpretation -- Exhibitions.
- Davis, Miles -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.
- Jazz musicians -- United States -- Biography -- Exhibitions.
- Jazz musicians -- United States -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.
- Jazz -- History and criticism -- Pictorial works.
- Jazz-rock (Music) -- History and criticism -- Pictorial works.
- Trumpet players -- United States -- Pictorial works.
- Jazz musicians -- United States -- Exhibitions.