|提及的人：||W E B Du Bois|
Louis Massiah; Wesley Brown; Thulani Davis; Toni Cade Bambara; Amiri Baraka; Scribe Video Center.; California Newsreel (Firm); Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
|制作人员：||Directors of photography, Michael Chin, Arthur Jafa, Larry Banks ; editor, Monica Henriquez ; film animation, Lewis Klahr ; music supervisor, Dwight Andrews.|
|演员：||Narrators, Wesley Brown, Thulani Davis, Toni Cade Bambara, Amiri Baraka.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (116 min.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 1/2 in.|
|内容：||Black folk in the new century, 1895-1915 / narrated by Wesley Brown --
The Crisis and the new Negro, 1919-1929 / written and narrated by Thulani Davis --
A second Reconstruction? : 1934-1948 / written and narrated by Toni Cade Bambara --
Color & democracy : colonies and peace 1949-1963 / written and narrated by Amiri Baraka.
|其他题名：||Biography in four voices|
|责任：||production of Scribe Video Center ; produced and directed by Louis Massiah ; the Corporation of Public Broadcasting.|
Four prominent African-American writers each narrate a period in the life of the sociologist and author W.E.B. Du Bois, and describe his impact on their work. They chronicle Du Bois' role as a founder of the NAACP, organizer of the first Pan-African Congress, editor of Crisis, a journal of the black cultural renaissance, and author of a series of landmark sociological studies. Anathematized during the McCarthy years, Du Bois immigrated to Ghana, the first independent African state, where he died.
- Du Bois, W. E. B. -- (William Edward Burghardt), -- 1868-1963.
- African American sociologists -- Biography.
- African American authors -- Biography.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Race identity.
- African Americans -- History -- 1877-1964.
- Civil rights -- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Race relations.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- History.
- Crisis (New York, N.Y.) -- History.