W.E.B. Du Bois.
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2001
|提及的人：||W E B Du Bois|
|資料類型：||傳記, 文獻, 網際網路資源|
Gerald Horne; Mary Young
|描述：||1 online resource (xxvii, 252 pages) : illustrations|
|内容：||Foreword; Preface; Introduction; Chronology; The Encyclopedia; Selected Bibliography; Index; About the Contributors.|
|責任：||edited by Gerald Horne and Mary Young ; foreword by David Levering Lewis.|
Carrying W.E.B. Du Bois from his birth in Massachusetts in 1868 to his death in Ghana in 1963, this concise encyclopedia covers all of the highlights of his life--his studying at Fisk, Harvard, and Berlin, his tiff with Booker T. Washington, his role with the NAACP and Pan-Africanism, his writings, his globe trotting, and his exile in Ghana. With contributions by leading scholars and a foreword by David Levering Lewis, the book provides a complete overview of Du Bois's life. Featuring the highlights of his life, the events and personalities that influenced him, his intellectual contributions.
- Du Bois, W. E. B. -- (William Edward Burghardt), -- 1868-1963 -- Encyclopedias.
- African Americans -- Biography -- Encyclopedias.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography -- Encyclopedias.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- Biography -- Encyclopedias.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. -- Biography -- Encyclopedias.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Ethnic Studies -- African American Studies.