|提及的人：||Kennedy family.; Murphy family.; Webber family.|
Michael Brennan; Helen Weber Kennedy; Martin Murphy; Adolph C Weber; Charles David Maria Weber; Charles Martin Weber; Helen Murphy Weber; Julia Helen Weber; Thomas Jefferson Weber; Kennedy family.; Murphy family.; Webber family.; Weber Home Company (Stockton, Calif.)
|语言注释：||Some materials in German.|
|描述：||45 linear ft.|
Also includes papers of the Weber Home Company, Michael Brennan, friend of Julia Helen Weber, and the Martin Murphy family. Topics include the business activities and social life of the Weber-Kennedy family; Capt. Weber's journey to California with the first overland party from the United States (1841), his acquisition of a land grant near the San Joaquin River Delta in the Central Valley (1845), his establishment of the city of Stockton (1847), and his accumulation of wealth through gold and the sale of portions of his grant to settlers; Helen Murphy Weber's interest in the theater, California and San Joaquin County history, and the Catholic Church; Adolph Weber's activities as a civil engineer, his journey from Germany to California (1853), and his establishment of Humboldt Savings & Loan in San Francisco (1869); Charles Martin Weber's (1851-1912) involvement in business affairs in Stockton, including the sale of his real estate patrimony through the Weber Home Company and the operation of the Stockton Terra Cotta works and the Stockton Pavilion Co. (ice rink); and Julia Helen Weber's operation of family holdings outside Stockton through Weber Ranch.
Topics also include Charles Martin Weber's (1893-1987) activities as a civil engineer and as a representative of San Joaquin County in the state assembly (1927-1943); Helen Weber Kennedy's interest in the collection and preservation of the family papers and library; charities; recreation; and 19th century California agriculture and nurseries.
Organizations represented include the Otter Bar Placer Company, Rawhide Chief Gold Mining Company, San Francisco Bulletin, and Union Gold Development Company.
- Agriculture -- California.
- Banks and banking -- California -- San Francisco.
- Business enterprises -- California.
- Catholic Church -- California -- Stockton.
- Charities -- California.
- Gold mines and mining -- California.
- Immigrants -- California.
- Land grants -- California.
- Land settlement -- California -- Stockton.
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- California.
- Overland journeys to the Pacific.
- Real estate business -- California -- Stockton.
- Recreation -- California.
- Savings and loan associations -- California -- Stockton.
- Skating rinks -- California -- Stockton.
- Terra-cotta -- California -- Stockton.
- Theater -- California.
- California -- Emigration and immigration.
- California -- History.
- California -- Politics and government.
- Central Valley (Calif. : Valley)
- Germany -- Emigration and immigration.
- San Joaquin County (Calif.) -- History.
- San Joaquin County (Calif.) -- Politics and government.
- San Joaquin River (Calif.)
- Stockton (Calif.) -- History -- Sources.
- Stockton (Calif.) -- Social life and customs.
- Kennedy family.
- Murphy family.
- Webber family.
- California. -- Legislature. -- Assembly.
- Humboldt Savings & Loan.
- Otter Bar Placer Company.
- Rawhide Chief Gold Mining Company.
- Stockton Pavilion Company.
- Stockton Terra Cotta (Firm)
- Union Gold Development Company.
- Weber Ranch.
- San Francisco bulletin.