|描述：||xv, 375 p. : col. ill. ; 22 cm.|
When soon-to-be single parent Thursday Next emerges from her comfortable life inside an unpublished book, she steps into a new age of fictional narrative. The entire book world is abuzz with anticipation of an improved Text Operating System that moves from the 8-plot to the new 32-plot story system. But danger lurks when Jurisfiction agents keep turning up dead. When Thursday steps in, she encounters Dickens' Miss Havisham, passes through Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, and deals with a mispeling vyrus, holesmiths, and unionized nursery rhymes. THE WELL OF LOST PLOTS--the place where all fiction is created--is an exhilarating romp through literary classics, an insightful look into how books are made, and a jewel in the long tradition of British nonsense.
- Next, Thursday (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Characters and characteristics in literature -- Fiction.
- Women detectives -- Great Britain -- Fiction.
- Books and reading -- Fiction.
- Time travel -- Fiction.
- Libraries -- Fiction.
- Books and reading.
- Characters and characteristics in literature.
- Next, Thursday (Fictitious character)
- Time travel.
- Women detectives.
- Great Britain.