|提及的人：||Edward Stuyvesant Bragg; Ammi R R Butler; George W Cate; Nelson Dewey; James R Doolittle; Conrad Krez; Alexander Mitchell; George H Paul; George W Peck; George B Smith; William F Vilas|
Wendell A Anderson; John W Anderson
|描述：||4.6 c.f. (14 archives boxes and 2 archives boxes)|
Papers, mainly 1875-1912, of Wendell Abraham Anderson, a La Crosse physician, state Democratic Party leader and United States consul in Montreal. The majority of the collection consists of correspondence received, 1875-1876, as chairman of the State Central Committee during the 1876 Presidential campaign. There are few papers from his second term as chairman, 1881-1885. Prominent political correspondents include Edward S. Bragg, Ammi R. R. Butler, George W. Cate, Nelson Dewey, James R. Doolittle, Conrad Krez, Alexander Mitchell, George H. Paul, George W. Peck, George B. Smith, William F. Vilas, E.C. Wall, and others. Other party records include statewide lists of supporters which are primarily undated. The only medical papers consist of reports prepared, 1862-1865, as surgeon for the 3rd Maryland Infantry. The earlier of these include names of individual soldiers, diagnoses, and the disposition of each case. Anderson was United States consul general at Montreal, 1885-1889 and 1893-1897, and this part of the collection contains some incoming correspondence and copies of personal letters sent, accounts of fees collected and personal expenses, some reports, and miscellaneous information on Canadian agriculture and industry. After 1906 there are minutes, correspondence, and mailings pertaining to the Upper Mississippi River Improvement Association of which Anderson, then mayor of La Crosse, was a vice-president. Also present is correspondence, 1886-1889, to and from his son, John Wendell Anderson while a member of Chi Psi fraternity at Cornell University and the University of Michigan.
- Bragg, Edward Stuyvesant, -- 1827-1912.
- Butler, Ammi R. R., -- 1821-1901.
- Cate, George W.
- Dewey, Nelson, -- 1813-1889.
- Doolittle, James R. -- (James Rood), -- 1815-1897.
- Krez, Conrad.
- Mitchell, Alexander, -- 1817-1887.
- Paul, George H.
- Peck, George W. -- (George Wilbur), -- 1840-1916.
- Smith, George B. -- (George Baldwin), -- 1823-1879.
- Vilas, William F. -- (William Freeman), -- 1840-1908.
- Chi Psi.
- Democratic Party (Wis.)
- Upper Mississippi River Improvement Association.
- United States. -- Army. -- Maryland Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865)
- University of Michigan -- Students.
- Canada. -- Agriculture Canada.
- Diplomatic and consular service, American -- Canada.
- Canada -- Industries.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care.
- Wisconsin -- Politics and government.