Linda C McClain; Daniel Cere
|描述：||1 online resource (viii, 392 pages) : illustrations|
|内容：||pt. I. What is parenthood? : proposing two models --
pt. II. Institutions : is parenthood separable from marriage (or couplehood) when it comes to fostering child well-being? --
pt. III. Rights : what rights are at stake? : how should the rights of adults and children shape the law of parenthood? --
pt. IV. Child outcomes and forms of parenthood : does one model produce, on average, better outcomes for children? : for society? --
pt. V. Attachment : (how much) does biology matter? --
pt. VI. Gender equality, gender difference, and parenthood : are there gender differences in parenting? : should difference make a difference? --
pt. VII. Globalization and parenthood : how do family immigration and transnational parenting shape parenthood? : how should they inform debates over parenthood? --
pt. VIII. Now what? : given current indicators, can the "toothpaste go back in the tube"? : should it?
|责任：||Linda C. McClain, Daniel Cere.|
"Well-balanced consideration of two different views of parenthood as a social institution."-Choice "I highly recommend this thought provoking and compelling book. It examines parenthood at a time
- Parent and child (Law) -- United States.
- Parenthood -- United States.
- Adoption -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Gay parents -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.
- Custody of children -- United States.
- LAW -- General.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- General.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Sociology -- Marriage & Family.
- LAW -- Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice.
- Adoption -- Law and legislation.
- Custody of children.
- Gay parents -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Parent and child (Law)
- United States.