Encontrar uma cópia na biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que possuem este item...
|Gênero/Forma:||Handbooks, manuals, etc|
|Tipo de Documento:||Livro|
|Todos os Autores / Contribuintes:||
Nathan D Ainspan; Walter Penk
|ISBN:||9781612510903 1612510906 9781612510910 1612510914|
|Descrição:||xxviii, 291 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|Conteúdos:||The warrior's family --
The immediate post-deployment period: deployments are hard, but homecoming can be even harder --
Life after military service: what you need to know and do to succeed as a veteran family --
Family and friends as care providers for disabled service members --
Emotions and their impact on families --
The effects of repeated deployments on warriors and families --
Building resilience in the military family during and following deployment --
Suicide and suicide prevention --
Self-medication and drug abuse --
Got kids? Parenting tips for when your warrior returns from deployment --
Children of injured military parents --
Children's reactions to deployment, reintegration, and injuries by age groups, with --
Recommendations on how to help them --
Family assistance for service members seeking employment or education --
Sex and intimacy after combat --
Female warriors --
Families of National Guard and Reserve service members --
Unmarried partners and blended families --
List of contributors --
Illustrations and tables --
U.S. Army active duty suicide rates, as of November 2011: convincing evidence of the effect of multiple deployments on suicide rates, which have more than doubled from peace-time levels, rising from 9.6/100,000 in 2004 to a projected 24.6/100,000 in 2011 --
Ace program card --
Suicide prevention risk factor assessment card --
The toll that multiple deployments take on service members --
The impact of arousal and anxiety on information processing efficiency and memory --
Ways families can improve deployment resilience --
Reframing common clinical symptoms associated with depression, stress injuries, and TBI --
Drug abuse warning signs --
Comparison of academic experiences in the military and civilian environments --
Continuum of startle responses: the effects of traumatic disruption on information processing.
|Responsabilidade:||edited by Nathan D. Ainspan and Walter E. Penk ; foreword by Patty Shinseki.|
"When the Warrior Returns: Making the Transition at Home is an excellent overview of the issues and any warrior or family may face as the warrior returns home. The book is written in a straight
- Veterans' families -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Veterans -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Families of military personnel -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Families of military personnel -- Services for -- United States.
- Soldiers -- Family relationships -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Veterans -- United States -- Psychology.
- Veterans -- Services for -- United States.
- Veteran reintegration.
- Families of military personnel.
- Families of military personnel -- Services for.
- Soldiers -- Family relationships.
- Veterans' families.
- Veterans -- Psychology.
- Veterans -- Services for.
- United States.
- Family Relations -- United States.
- Veterans -- psychology -- United States.
- Veterans Health -- United States.
- Mental Disorders -- United States.
- Suicide -- prevention & control -- United States.