|提及的人：||Pat Tillman; Pat Tillman|
|描述：||xxv, 383 pages : maps ; 25 cm|
|内容：||San Francisco Bay area --
Jessica Lynch Convoy, March 23, 2003 --
Battle of Nasiriyah, March 23, 2003 --
Movement of Tillman's Ranger Platoon, April 14-25, 2004 --
Firefight in Tillman Pass, April 22, 2004 --
Firefight in Tillman Pass, West End of Canyon, April 22, 2004.
Irrepressible individualist and iconoclast Pat Tillman walked away from his $3.6 million NFL contract in May 2002 to enlist in the United States Army. Deeply troubled by 9/11, he felt a strong moral obligation to join the fight against al-Qaeda and the Taliban. Two years later, he died on a desolate hillside in Afghanistan. Though obvious to most on the scene that a ranger in Tillman's own platoon had fired the fatal shots, the Army aggressively maneuvered to keep this information from Tillman's family and the American public for five weeks following his death, while President Bush repeatedly invoked Tillman's name to promote his administration's foreign policy. Biographer Krakauer draws on his journals and letters, interviews with his wife and friends, conversations with the soldiers who served alongside him, and extensive research in Afghanistan to render this driven, complex, and uncommonly compelling figure as well as the definitive account of the events and actions that led to his death.--From publisher description.
- Tillman, Pat, -- 1976-2004.
- Football players -- United States -- Biography.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography.
- Afghan War, 2001- -- United States.
- Afghan War, 2001- -- Casualties.
- Football and war -- United States.
- Battle casualties.
- Football and war.
- Football players.
- United States.
- Things to Check Out(1 资料)
由 baylorgirl24 已更新 大约一个月前
- books I'd like to read(48 资料)
由 ketcheverria 已更新 2013-05-16
- As seen on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Book List(231 资料)
由 zbriceno 已更新 2012-02-14
- Things to Check Out(131 资料)
由 mountainmuse 已更新 2011-06-07
- MSOE New Books - Recreational Reading and General Interest(94 资料)
由 msoe 已更新 2010-06-03