Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Where the wild things are.
[New York] : Harper & Row, ©1963
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0060254939 9780060254933 9780758700285 0758700288 9780060254926 0060254920 9780064430555 0064430553 0370007727 9780370007724 0099408392 9780099408390 9780064431781 0064431789|
|Notes:||LC copy in dust jacket and signed by the author.|
|Awards:||Caldecott Medal, 1964|
|Description:||40 unnumbered pages color illustrations 25 x 26 cm|
|Responsibility:||Story and pictures by Maurice Sendak.|
"Sendak is the daddy of them all when it comes to picture books - the words, the rhythm and the design are all wonderful." S Magazine, Sunday Express "The key to Sendak's success and to the
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
Great book for kids
I loved this book, but my son is a little young for it. He is scared by the monsters with their very big teeth and very big claws. Be careful, because this is one that can cause nightmares. It works well once kids approach 5 years old.
Of course, it's a classic, and...
- Was this review helpful to you?
This book is a classic the adventure of Max and the land of the wild things will live in my heart I read it when I was little and read it to my children today.
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Fantasy -- Juvenile fiction.
- Monsters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction.
- Kings and rulers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Temper tantrums -- Juvenile fiction.
- Monsters -- Fiction.
- Animals -- Fiction.
- Fairy tales.
- Children -- Conduct of life.
- Conduct of life.
- Kings and rulers.
- Temper tantrums.
- Children's literature
- Illustrated books, Children's