Whitney Museum of American Art.
New York : Princeton Architectural Press, ©2000
|描述：||86 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 19 cm.|
|叢書名：||Building blocks series (New York, N.Y.)|
|責任：||photographs by Ezra Stoller ; with new photography by Jeff Goldberg ; preface by Maxwell Anderson ; introduction by K. Michael Hays.|
"Ezra Stoller's photographs of the Whitney, taken just after the museum's opening, have become icons themselves - pristine images of the building as Breuer intended it to be seen. Newly commissioned color photographs by Jeff Goldberg portray the museum as the vibrant cultural center it is today." "In his preface, Whitney director Maxwell L. Anderson reflects on the special pleasure of working in the building on a daily basis. K. Michael Hays, the museum's adjunct curator of architecture, provides an introductory essay describing the building's history and significance. Also included is a statement by Breuer, who died in 1981, in which he explains his intentions in the design of this landmark of twentieth-century architecture."--Jacket.
- Whitney Museum of American Art -- Pictorial works.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Edificios -- Trabajos pictóricos.
- Whitney Museum of American Art -- Ouvrages illustrés.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Constructions -- Ouvrages illustrés.
- Whitney Museum of American Art.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- Breuer, Marcel, -- (1902-1981)
- Whitney museum of American art (New York, N.Y.)
- New York (N.Y. ; région) -- Constructions.