Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David Hassan; Sean Hamil
|ISBN:||9780415445702 0415445701 9780415661249 0415661242|
|Description:||ix, 167 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction: models of football governance and management in international sport / David Hassan and Sean Hamil --
1. Financial performance in English professional football: 'an inconvenient truth' / Sean Hamil and Geoff Walters --
2. The governance and regulation of Italian football / Sean Hamil, Stephen Morrow, Catharine Idle, Giambattista Rossi and Stefano Faccendini --
3. Governance and the Gaelic Athletic Association: time to move beyond the amateur ideal? / David Hassan --
4. Who owns England's game? American professional sporting influences and foreign ownership in the Premier League/ John Nauright and John Ramfjord --
5. 'Club versus country' in rugby union: tensions in an exceptional New Zealand system / Camilla Obel --
6. The impact of televised football on stadium attendances in English and Spanish league football / Babatunde Buraimo, Juan Luis Paramio and Carlos Campos --
7. The model of governance at FC Barcelona: balancing member democracy, commercial strategy, corporate social responsibility and sporting performance / Sean Hamil, Geoff Walters and Lee Watson.
|Series Title:||Sport in the global society.|
|Responsibility:||edited by David Hassan and Sean Hamil.|